J7 Ranch, Melville, MT
- Nearly 5,000 acres
- The J7 has a long history of successful ranch ownership … truly a historic legacy ranch offering … very rare to own a ranch like the J7.
- Extremely private … with heavily timbered ridges, deep coulees, scattered timber and lush rolling grasslands.
- This unique and highly productive grassland ranch has panoramic views of four of Montana’s most powerful mountain ranges.
- Significant amounts of Doug Fir, in additional to cedar and pine … this property has not been logged.
- 4,921 Acres
-957 State Lease
-240 BLM Lease
- Tony Creek Road, Melville, MT
- 4,921 Acres
- Divided into seven pastures for controlled grass management
- Approximately 180 acres of dryland wheatgrass and alfalfa hay
- Approximately 280 acres of dryland grass, crested wheat, alfalfa and sanfoin hay
- Abundant amount of natural water
- Tony Creek runs approximately two miles through the ranch
- Small stream fed by a large spring which flows by the house year round
- Seven developed springs with stock tanks and 20-30 undeveloped springs
- Three dirt tanks (one spring fed)
- Extensive water system installed and improved since 2007. A 40 GPM well feeds a 24,000 gallon storage tank which is connected to four miles of gravity flow pipelines. Five stock tanks along the pipelines and some waterlot configurations provide dependable water to four major pastures and the two hayground fields. A valve setup is ready for a sixth stocktank to be easily attached to the system.
- Charming four bedroom log home (1937)
- Large unattached garage (1980’s)
- Set of pole corrals
- Pole barn
- Small saddling and milking barn
- Small log cabin
- Established road system throughout the ranch
- Small resident elk herd resides on this ranch
- Monster muledeer bucks along with a healthy muledeer population
- Antelope, black bear, lion, bobcat
- Very large and diverse selection of bird species, including game birds such as huns and sharp-tail